|Tokyo Women's Medical University opened a free clinic in "Ogu Community Center" in July 1930. This clinic eventually became a branch of the University
Hospital, named Daini Hospital in 1934,. Since then, the hospital has been
functioning as a major community hospital in northeastern Tokyo. Together
with the newly refurbished inpatient building opened in 2004, the hospital
was renamed Medical Center East in October 2005.