The 3rd IREIIMS Symposium was held on Saturday, September 22nd. This symposium was held in the middle year of the five-year IREIIMS project. Research achievements so far and future prospects were presented and discussed.
Following the opening remarks, Dr. Makoto Iwata, President of IREIIMS and Acting President of TWMU made an overview presentation of IREIIMS activities. Dr. Bernardo Nadal-Ginard, Chief Academic Officer, Research Management, made a special lecture entitled, “Adult Cardiac Stem Cells and Regenerative Cardiovascular Medicine”. Twenty-two presentations were made by researchers from IREIIMS and collaborating institutions and universities. The presentations were classified according to the themes listed below and animated discussions took place.
- Integrative Approaches for Diagnosis and Therapy,
- Novel Diagnostic and Therapeutic Strategies for Intractable Diseases,
- Protein Dynamics in Cellular Physiology and Pathology,
- Analysis and Identification of Novel Disease Genes,
- Development and Use of DNA Arrays,
- Team-training Course for Integrated Medical Sciences,