School of Nursing
Ideal environment for learning with various education and research facilities
including advanced medicine facilities having state-of-the-art equipment
Based on the founding spirit, the School of Nursing would develop human resources who can properly recognize the roles of nursing in the midst of changing social landscape and actively fulfill their responsibilities. In other words, the School of Nursing aims to establish the basis for nurses who always comply with medical ethics and act based on the mission of “Sincerity and Compassion”. Moreover, education at the School of Nursing intends to establish the foundation of nurses who can contribute to the advancement of nursing science in pursuit of nursing expertise.
■Seven diploma policies
- Cultivate a well-rounded character and have the basic ability to understand
human beings as people living a daily life.
- Accept diverse values and have the basic ability to think and act from international perspectives.
- See human beings as entities that grow and develop, understand them based
on nursing science in a systematic manner, and have the ability to act
for the maintenance, promotion and restoration of health as well as disease
prevention and recovery from illness.
- Acquire basic nursing skills and have the ability to practice nursing by
building solid human relationships and through scientific thinking.
- Have the ability to work in collaboration with personnel involved in health
promotion, healthcare, welfare, education, etc. in the community and become
an active and cooperative member of an interdisciplinary medical team.
- Acquire basic research capabilities for nursing science and have the ability
to communicate current problems.
- Develop a sense of ethics as a specialist, assess one's own capabilities,
and have the ability to continue to developing as a woman medical professional
■Style of classes
■Fields of study
◇Contact for more information
Tokyo Women’s Medical University Graduate School of Nursing
8-1 Kawada-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-8666
Tel: +81-3-3353-8112 ext. 31136