〒162-8666 8-1, Kawada-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
Welcome to the home page of Department of Surgical Pathology, TWMU. We are working on various clinicopathological studies and pathological diagnoses.
1. Clinicopathological study of renal neoplasm：Translocation-associated, enzyme-deficient and dialysis-associated renal neoplasms
2. Tumor cell biology：Mechanism of cancer invasion and metastasis, abnormality of cell polarity
3. Neuromuscular disorders：Studies on fukutin, a responsible gene of Fukuyama type muscular dystrophy, and morphology and molecular pathology on neurodegenerative diseases
4. Studies on glomerular diseases: Clinicopathological studies on various glomerular diseases using biopsied specimens, including materials after renal transplantation.
5. Studies on cardiovascular diseases: Pathogenic mechanism of cardiomyopathy using animal model and human biopsy and autopsy tissue samples
6. Various collaborations are ongoing with the other basic and clinical departments.
Yoji Nagashima (Professor & Chairman) taking charge of 1, 2 and 6
Tomoko Yamamoto (Associate Professor) taking charge of 3 and 6
Sekiko Taneda (Associate Professor) taking charge of 1, 4 and 6
Kenta Uto (Assistant Professor) taking charge of 5 and 6
Saeko Yoshizawa (Assistant Professor) taking charge of 5 and 6
Naoko Ito (Assistant Professor) taking charge of 4 and 6
8-1, Kawada-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo