〒162-8666 8-1, Kawada-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
Neurology covers a broad area of disease in brain, spine, peripheral nerve and muscle in clinical management. Professional neurological examination is a base of our diagnosis, and both neurophysiological, neurosonological and neuroradiological examinations are our main tool in clinical medicine. However, development of understanding and management of neurological disease is based on basic progress of neuroscience, neurochemistry, medical engineering and artificial intelligence. In our department, we fight against neurological disease from bot basic and clinical aspects.
1. Stroke, cerebrovascular disease and experimental ischemia
2. Neuroimmunology including multiple sclerosis, NMO, MG.
3. Parkinson and related disorder, epilepsy and neurophysiological examination
4. Dementia and cognitive decline
5. Neuropathology of peripheral nerve and muscle disease
Kazuo Kitagawa, Professor and Chairman
Yuko Shimizu, Associate Professor and Appointed Professor
Mutsumi Iijima, Associate Professor and Clinical Professor
Hiroshi Yoshizawa, Associate Professor
Miki Suzuki, Assistant Professor
Sono Toi, Assistant Professor
8-1, Kawada-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo