〒162-8666 8-1, Kawada-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
Our clinical and research targets are all endocrinological diseases. Our
aim is to groom a medical doctor as a physician scientist who perform clinical
and basic research to give the patients the best medical treatment which
we think of. Based on our case analysis, clinical and nuclear receptor
research (ref.1-7), we would like to solve the critical clinical issues
about endocrinological diseases (especially pituitary and adrenal diseases).
We look forward to joining you to our department.
1. Fujita Y, Otsuki M et al.: Exenatide alters absorption of hydrocortisone in a diabetic patient with
panhypopituitarism: Iatrogenic adrenal insufficiency. Diabetes Care. 2013;36(1):e8. doi:
Proposal for new disease concept
a. SITSH after surgery for Cushing's syndrome
2. Tamada D, Otsuki M et al.: Hyperthyroidism due to thyroid stimulating hormone secretion after
surgery for Cushing's syndrome: A novel cause of the syndrome of inappropriate secretion of
thyroid stimulating hormone. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013 Jul;98(7):2656-62.
b. Primary aldosteronism with normal plasma aldosterone
3. Murata M, Otsuki M et al.: Plasma aldosterone level within the normal range is less associated
with cardio- and cerebrovascular risk in primary aldosteronism. J Hypertens. 2017
Novel diagnostic method and novel significance of endocrine function test
4. Tamada D, Otsuki M et al.: TSH ratio as a novel diagnostic method for Cushing's syndrome.
Endocr J. 2018 Aug 27;65(8):841-848.
5. Mukai K, Otsuki M et al.: Clinical characteristics of acromegalic patients with paradoxical growth
hormone response to oral glucose load. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2019 May 1;104(5):1637-1644.
Novel evidence by multi-institutional, cross-sectional study
6. Saiki A, Otsuki M et al.: Diabetes mellitus itself increases cardio-cerebrovascular risk and renal
complications in primary aldosteronism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2020 Jul 1;105(7):dgaa177. doi:
Nuclear receptor biology
7. Hayashi R, Otsuki M et al.: Adipocyte GR Inhibits Healthy Adipose Expansion Through Multiple
Mechanisms in Cushing Syndrome. Endocrinology. 2019 Mar 1;160(3):504-521.
1. to investigate the novel clinical parameter to perform the adequate
glucocorticoid replacement in
secondary adrenal insufficiency
2. to clarify the significance of glucocorticoid induced adiponectin production by adipocyte
glucocorticoid receptor in secondary adrenal insufficiency with sick day
3. to investigate the regulatory mechanism for endocrine abnormality in Cushing’s syndrome
4. to develop the novel diagnostic parameter for primary aldosteronism and Cushing’s syndrome
5. to investigate the real situation of adult 21-hydroxylase deficiency in Japan (Research Committee
on Disorders of Adrenal Hormones from the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
Michio Otsuki (Professor and Chair)
8-1, Kawada-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo